Sunday, October 26, 2014

DIY FRAMED FLOWER WALL ART INSTRUCTIONS


I purchased this amazing vintage frame from the Tustin Flea Market for $25.  It was just the frame by itself so I didn't have to worry about removing a photo or glass (although I would not have minded!) It was a dull gold color so I spray painted it white.  

I used it many times in my photography shoots but also displayed it in my home when it was not being used for shoots.

  I was inspired to do this DIY after seeing a photo on Instagram of a cute cake table display that spelled out the child's name in big letters using flowers. 
I ran out the 99 Cent Store and purchased at least 10 bouquet bundles ($10) of light pink and dark pink flowers and roses.  You can also try the Dollar Tree but I liked the selection at the 99 Cent Store better.

I found a standard size cardboard box in my hall closet since we recently moved into our house and outlined the back of the frame with a Sharpie marker.
I then cut out the outline using a box cutter and pair of scissors.
I took a hot glue gun to the cardboard to adhere it to the frame.
As that was drying I cut the flowers from their stems.
Be sure to leave a little of the stem so that the flowers, which are constructed of multiple flowers, are held together via the "leaves" at the bottom (see picture).
If not, you are left with this:
Don't worry if this happens.  You can use these as fillers but try to keep the green bottoms on as much as you can!
Once all of the flowers were cut from their stems it's time to randomly place them and hot glue them down.
Here is the outcome!  I hung it in my office and I LOVE LOVE LOVE it!
The project took a total of 30 minutes and only 5 supplies and cost $35 dollars total including the frame.
If you have a vintage frame I highly suggest trying this out!  It's a great quik and easy DIY for a beginner!


Supply list:
Empty frame
10 bouquets of faux flowers or more in the color scheme of your choice.
Cardboard
Sharpie
Hot glue gun
Scissors

Enjoy and let me know what you think below!

xo,
Summer Couture Decor!

No comments:

Post a Comment